3.02.2008

Warm Bacon Salad Dressing

I am not a fan of cold foods and never have been. I never liked salads until I came across the spinach salad with warm bacon dressing. It made me realize what all salads had been missing up to that point in my life. Now I make my own version of the warm bacon dressing as my go-to dressing when ever I have salad greens to eat up without taco meat to top it with (now that is another blog). It is super simple, super quick and very tasty, and it makes eating salad greens not just bearable for me but enjoyable.


For this salad dressing, I use precooked bacon. I love having cooked bacon in the freezer on hand at all times and I highly recommend it. Just take a pack, spread it out on a baking sheet and cook at 375 on the top rack of the oven until done (about 15-20 minutes), drain, bag and freeze. Now you have instant BLT, grilled cheese with bacon and breakfast sandwiches. Just watch out; it is dangerous work handling all that freshly cooked bacon at once and I suggest doing it on a full stomach.

Warm Bacon Salad Dressing (makes 2-3 servings)
1-2 strips cooked bacon
2 T olive oil
2 T honey
2-3 T balsamic vinegar
pepper to taste

Heat olive oil in small nonstick pan and heat bacon through in oil. Add honey to pan and when gooey and bubbly turn down heat and deglaze pan with balsamic vinegar. Adjust amounts of vinegar and honey to suit your taste and add pepper as desired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh...that sounds good! we've been hooked on the ginger dressing, and i just recently introduced matt to Annie's Goddess dressing. i shall have to try this one, given that i can keep bacon in the house long enough!!!