5.23.2009

Local Yogurt

We enjoyed dessert at Local Yogurt in Rockwood last night and I was really surprised how good it was. It was nothing like frozen yogurt I had ever tried before. It was really creamy and not at all icy like TCBY. Also, the plain tasted like yogurt (only sweeter), and that is a GOOD thing (in case you wondered). I also tried the coffee and while it was good, the plain was just SO GOOD, I think that will be my new standby. I am also contemplating a return trip tonight...plain yogurt with strawberries, here I come!

As for the name, well, they can't all be winnners, but at least they are trying to source as much local stuff as they can, and while the kiwi from last night was definitely not local (unless you count the grocery store), it seems they offer Foster's cookies and as the summer progresses I expect to see more local fruit. I can't wait until blackberry season!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm working with the site TownMe.com, which aims to provide local information and interesting facts about Durham and other cities. We’ve read a bunch of blogs about Durham and felt yours would be great to include in our Durham Blog Directory, which we created to feature awesome local blogs. Please check out the site (www.townme.com), and if you get a chance, we'd love to have your feedback. I’m at stephanie@townme.com.

Thanks! :)

Carolina said...

Just ran into your blog googling for fellow Foodies around the Triangle! :) I look forward to reading more of your reviews!

Thought you might be interested, We are hosting a Tasting at Champas in Durham. For $25 you will get all you can eat tastings of all the available Sushi, Thai Food, Wine, Sake, and Beer in the restaurant along with great music and a fun atmosphere with indoor and outdoor seating :) Please check out

http://www.champalifestyle.com if you are interested or if you know anyone else interested! :)

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm trying to find a way to contact you... Please share this event:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=295386615268
or
http://dineoutforhaititriangle.wordpress.com/

Amanda said...

Sounds awesome! Does it taste anything like PinkBerry in NYC/LA? Kind of tangy and sweet? Trader Joe's sells a fantastic low fat tart and tangy frozen yogurt too. I'm obsessed!
http://victuspopuli.com/

Julia Leenig said...

I love local yogurt!! Just moved to durham a few months ago and am loving the food scene.
-Julia
of www.hazelnutblog.com