4.13.2008

Sunless Kitchens with Breakfast

I have a confession, I have about half a dozen different meals ready to write about, and even have pictures in my camera of them, but I have a sunless kitchen. So every picture I take has this yellow tinge to it, making food very unappetizing. Good news though, I should be moving in the next 2 months to a house with a kitchen with lots of windows. I know I will become a better, more consistent blogger when I don't have to take my plate of food outside so I can get a decent picture of it.

In the mean time, here is my new favorite breakfast. I got the recipe from Ellie Krieger and it can be found here. Here is a reproduction in individual serving sized proportions. Perfect for toting to work to eat on the job, as if I would take the extra time in the morning to eat at home.

Oatmeal Yogurt Parfait
1/4 c skim milk
1/4 c low-fat or nonfat yogurt
1/4 c rolled oats
1/2 T honey
berries (I use frozen blueberries)
Toasted nuts (I use walnuts)

Mix the milk, yogurt, honey and oats together to combine. Add frozen berries to the top and let sit in the fridge overnight. Toast the nuts and toss on top of the berries and enjoy!

No comments: